Saturday, April 3, 2010

Things people are good at....

As I may have mentioned before, I have no talent. BUT...I really like seeing other people use their talent. It's amazing to see people do something that you could never do really well.

http://fingersbecomethumbs.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/thenational.jpg

Let's take the band, The National, for instance. It's a good thing that they have talent because they don't have a lot else going for them. We saw them in concert about a year ago and they were amazing. But they are the most homely (that's a nice way to say ugly) group of musicians I've ever seen. (And I've seen a lot of musicians). They've got Animal on the drums. Literally. Twins who are eerily similar to the point that it creeps you out and the only differentiating factor other than long hair is a unibrow. The guy in the Hawaiian cat T-shirt. And all of them missed the memo that my glasses from 3rd grade are not cool OR hipster. This band photo does not do them justice. Go see them in concert.

But man can they write/sing/play some amazing music. And the lead singer is no eye-candy, but at least you don't get distracted by his physical prowess and start writing blog posts about him instead of listening to the show.

Having said all of that, I really like to see people do things they're good at. That's all.

No comments: