Thursday, April 8, 2010

Does it make me a grandma...

that I am really excited about the azalea bushes in our backyard?

Moving into this house is sort of like paying it forward. I am reaping the benefits of someone else's hard work, and just now noticing. We have beautiful plants on this property. (property rolls off my tongue like we live on this huge estate). I bought this house, if not primarily for, at least strongly for the pine tree in the front yard that I envisioned wrapped in lights at Christmas. We bought in July, though, so I didn't know about all the other plants. We have this tree-like thing on the side of the house that blooms hot pink flowers. And we have one in the front yard that blooms stems of pink flowers. And, now, Azaleas of all colors in the back yard. So much fun.

Wonder what good deed I'm going to have to do in the future to continue to pay it forward?

1 comment:

Revolu said...

This definitely makes you a grandma. We'll just skip the whole motherhood thing.