Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Conversion.

I have to admit that I'm a late-to-the-game conversion Avett Brothers fan thanks to BHeth218 and his '09 compilation CD, the Fishes' insistence, and some good nights at Kyle and Anna's with it playing in the background. I find, often, that I'm the sort of die-hard hater of something who eventually converts. Facebook. Twitter. This blog, to name a few.

There's one that I'm not converting on. Ever. And I am saying that out loud and will endure the endless criticism if I ever convert. I can even admit that once liked him. Until I saw him in concert:

john-mayer-face.jpg


(and I didn't even have to google "John Mayer sex face" to get this pic.)


"For me, it has never been about f*cking lots of girls. I could have f*cked a lot more girls in my life if I hadn’t been trying so hard to get them to like me. If I have a conversation with a really hot girl that lasts all night and she says, “Wow, I had no idea I was going to like you this much,” that is the equivalent, for me, of getting laid."


So noble. I love it when guys can restrain themselves for sake of a good conversation.


Who says I can’t get stoned?
Call up a girl that I used to know
Fake love for an hour or so


What's not to love.

Undeniable manliness bottled into one wonderland of a man.




2 comments:

Dana E. said...

I am so with you on this guy...when I first heard his music, I thought..mmokay. Then I saw a clip of a video of his...and then threw up.

His creepiness seriously makes my skin crawl. blech

Erin Fish said...

i love this post. hilarious.