Tuesday, November 3, 2009

El Cucaracha

I feel as though must set the record straight, for fear that Brent has portrayed me in a bad light. I have not read his blog, yet, but feel certain you will feel worse for me than for him upon further information.

This morning I almost didn't make it to school. Because I almost couldn't put my shoe back on. Because I almost couldn't shake the image of what I'd experienced.

I went to put my shoe on this morning - barefoot, mind you - and there was a LARGE SQUIRMING COCKROACH in my shoe. He slimed his little legs all over my foot in the split second it took me to register that something was moving between my foot and my shoe. I pulled my shoe off and crushed him with it. And, I'm sure Brent has told you this, I left him on the ground. Finding him in my shoe at an hour previous to 6 am was punishment enough.

And we already know I don't like cockroaches.

5 comments:

Dana E. said...

Seriously. I probably would have passed out had that thing touched my foot. Between you and Brent both blogging about it, my skin is seriously crawling today.


Thanks for that by the way. haha :)

Kate said...

Perhaps he was best friends with El Ratón in another life?

Juicy said...

hmmmm....si!

Revolu said...

Poor feller

Erin Fish said...

Remember when we found cockroaches in our kitchen drawers at the beach house!? I was so disgusted and terrified and only Laura could take care of them.