Sunday, October 4, 2009

Triath...long

Kate, Amy, Emily and I did a triathlon together this weekend. It was the first for Kate, Emily and I. Amy is was our seasoned veteran with all the advice (and the one who legitimately looks bad-ass in this pic). It was quite an experience. I'd liken it to a half-marathon.

Here's what I learned:
1) One should never underestimate a 500 meter swim.
2) I should invest in a road bike.
3) Everyone in life should have their age written on their calves, for the competitive part of all of us.
4) Perhaps for future tris (and there will be future ones) I should actually train. :)
5) And, most importantly, everyone in their life needs to do a triathlon with Emily Aker at some point or another. Priceless. It helps if Emily is also registered as number one.

2 comments:

Emily Bradford Routon said...

I am stoked that your recent blogs have been all about adventure! And A FULL TRIATHLON JESSIE !!! ~ THAT IS INCREDIBLE! Remember your first,
The Mountain Mamacitas :)

Kate said...

Haha, I'd forgotten our team name. Some Mamacitas really would have hit the spot yesterday. Nonehtheless. We are pretty badass.