Thursday, January 28, 2010

Get Fit

(no this is not an ad to buy a Honda Fit, although you certainly should).

This is about today. Because today was monumental. Today was amazing. Today I made leaps and bounds towards my 2010 goal of eating healthier. (and you'll see why I need this goal in just a moment). For the first time in my life today, I...........................................

WENT TO WHOLE FOODS! (with half of Raleigh due to the *impending* snowstorm).

Pathetic, I know. I bought all the things my Glamour magazine recommended in their great new healthy purge section. As a COMPLETE sidenote, I started receiving Glamour when Domino went under (and I don't know how I started getting Domino in the first place), but I secretly love it. It's ironic on so many levels that the least glamorous person in the world receives Glamour.

Anyway, I've decided that since 2009 was my year of running (see earlier blogpost) -- and I am getting so old that despite exercising the recommended 2.5 hours a week AND doing a triathlon in '09, I am still beefier than I'd like to be. (The annual weigh-in at the docs this week confirmed that.) 2010 is my year to grow up and learn to eat healthier. Notice I did not say, learn to cook. That's never going to happen, BUT I've decided there are lots of ways I CAN eat healthier.

These are things I cannot and will not give up on my healthy food kick:
#1. meat
#2. bojangles
#3. lilly's bbq chicken pizza
#4. beer (unless it's Lent)
#5. El Rodeo

These are new things I intend to try:
#1. More eggs, walnuts, avocados, and blueberries. All are supposed to be amazing.
#2. More healthy snacks throughout the day (nuts, hummus, veggies)
#3. Greek yogurt
#4. More fresh everything
#5. There's also the possibility of cutting Gluten for a bit to see if I'll stop farting. (yes, Brian, girls do fart. now that you're getting married you need to know that).

In this very impromptu blogpost, I've divulged that my 2010 NYR is all about me, that I fart, and I've never been to Whole Foods. So this is why people have blogs...

4 comments:

Kate said...

Does this mean you're giving up beer again for lent? I hate when that happens.

robin said...

thatta girl, Jess. Balls to the wall.

Revolu said...

we're moving up in the world.

Erin Fish said...

i like this post very much. :) all about the good eating.