Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dollar, dollar bills ya'll.

Brent and I had a 'discussion' about money last night. And the bottom line of this discussion was that I have to forgo these dining room table chairs for car repairs and vet bills. We are fortunate that we don't fight about money often, especially considered I'm a teacher and Brent's an architect.

BUT....

Every once in a while.

I'm convinced there is a conspiracy going on.

Much like this:




So, here are my oh-so-clever and high-income-generating ideas to get back at the system.

#1 - I just rented the Rug Doctor to clean our rugs. I've got it for 24 hours, so I'm attempting to rope someone else into cleaning their rugs and splitting the cost. Take that, Dr. Rug!

#2 - In our disgust at being hustled while trying to rent from the always extensive video selection at Red Box, Brent and I headed over the only standing video store around: North American Video, nestled very indi-film-like in the basement of a Cameron Village Shop. It comes complete with a video store girl with red highlights who you have to coax into paying attention to you long enough to sign up for a membership. Videos are about $4 from there. But, you have them for a week. So, I intend to let the world know what video we've rented and offer rentals from us for a night for only $1. I might start toting videos in my purse, along with everything else.

Watch out. We're gonna be your rich friends soon.

3 comments:

Dana E. said...

Good luck! If you do find an effect way to "stick it to the man" Let me know. He's due quite a few "sticks" from us as well.

Revolu said...

your finest post yet.

Erin Fish said...

the father of the bride scene is my ultimate favorite